www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we propose a significant change we will notify you by email and will otherwise post an alert that our policy has changed on our website.
When, in this policy, we refer to www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk, we mean BC Fitness, firstname.lastname@example.org, BC Fitness Personal Training and all other coaching and mentoring services whose registered address is at Unit 4 Clifford Court, Cooper Way, Carlisle, Cumbria, England, CA3 0JG which is registered under company number 12269863.
www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk is responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
What Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address & telephone number;
• Geographic information such as address and postcode;
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
• Any other information relevant to your enquiry which you choose to provide.
• Your bank details or credit/debit card details;
• Your contact preferences;
If you use our enquiry forms
When you submit information using an online form, we process the data collected and store it for 31 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request. We collect the following information; title, first name, last name, email address, and enquiry details.
If you use our LiveChat service We use a third party provider, Facebook Inc., to supply our LiveChat service. If you use the LiveChat service we will collect any personal information that you volunteer to us. This is used for the legitimate business purpose of handling customer enquiries in real-time and then following up in order to resolve them. Facebook Inc. stores the information in the EEA.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We only use the personal information that you supply to us for the following purposes;
• To respond to and fulfil a request you make to us through this website or otherwise.
• e.g. for a brochure, or to provide you with information requested about our range of products and services.
• To contact you with information about other BC Fitness products and services if you wish for us to do so.
• We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
• To contact you if we experience problems in fulfilling one of your requests in a timely manner.
• To fulfil our contractual obligations to you by providing the products and services you request from us.
• To resolve any complaints;
• To process payments.
• To monitor, assess and improve the level of customer service we provide.
• To repair and improve this website or ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner.
• As part of our efforts to keep this website safe and secure.
• To personalise our interactions with you.
• To detect or prevent unlawful, malicious or offensive activity.
• To comply with an order of a Court of Law of competent jurisdiction.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: –
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively for example, enabling us to use third party service providers and to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our website.
We also rely on this processing ground to help us ensure that we communicate with you about products and services, that you are most likely to be interested in, and in the way that you are most likely to want to communicate with us. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights, to obtain legal advice, to monitor our premises and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
We are permitted to use your personal data when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
Performance of a contract
Where you transact with us to purchase a service, we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the contract e.g. to deliver the product to you, to take payment and to manage your order. Where we need personal data to perform our contract, if you do not provide it, we will not be able to provide the services to you.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a Court Order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
Who We Share Your Information With
As part of offering services to you we will share your personal information with third party partners of www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk who provide services to us to help us run our business effectively. These include:-
• Couriers who help us deliver the products you order;
• IT service providers who help us manage our IT infrastructure;
• Marketing agencies who work with us;
• Social media companies who help us interact with you better.
• BC Fitness Team who help us deliver our services.
Police and law enforcement agencies
Where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent.
Where in the world will we hold your information?
To help us provide you with information relating to products and services that we think you will be interested in your data may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whereas in the EU, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information overseas we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected in accordance with European data protection law. These might include: –
• Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
• Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection e.g. Privacy Shield.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information hold about you.
How Long We Will Keep Your Personal Information For
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it.
You have a right to access and receive a copy of all personal information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by contacting us at www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk
New data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to have your personal information erased, the right to have your personal information transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and to have your personal information restricted. Please be aware that these latter rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore even if you do wish to exercise them, we may not always be required to comply. Where processing is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent at anytime. By way of example, you have the right to request that we don’t send marketing material to you. You can also correct or amend your personal information.
To do this you can contact us at our Head Office via the email address: email@example.com
You can also opt out of receiving marketing material at any time by ticking the unsubscribe option in any communication we send you.
Website Data Preferences Centre
Under data privacy laws, you have the rights to:
– request access to your personal data;
– object to your personal data being processed and/or to have it restricted;
– request deletion or correction of your personal data; and
– request that your personal data be transferred to another person.
Our online data preference centre helps you to exercise the rights that data privacy laws give you and control your personal information.
It contains five separate forms, as set out below.
• See your data
You can ask to see any personal information that we hold (known as a “subject access request”) by submitting the form on the “See your data” tab. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request
informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
• Transfer your data
By completing the form on the “transfer your data” tab, you can ask us to provide your data to a third party.
• Delete your data
You can ask us to delete the information we hold about you by completing the form on the “delete your data” tab.
• Change your data
If we do hold information about you, you can also ask us to correct any mistakes by completing the form on the “Change your data” tab.
• Marketing Preferences
On the “marketing preferences” tab, you can tell us how you would like us to send you marketing information, or ask us to stop marketing to you entirely.
How You Can Contact Us
www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk is happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
FAO Data Protection Officer
Unit 4 Clifford Court, Cooper Way, Carlisle, Cumbria, England, CA3 0JG
Your Right To Complain
If you are unhappy about how www.bcfitnesspt.co.uk has used your personal information, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can do this by contacting:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 01625 524510